Assiniboine Park’s signature building—the Assiniboine Park Pavilion—became a focus of early Winnipeg’s social life. Original two-storey pavilion and tower built in 1908 by John D. Atchison was destroyed by fire in 1929. It was rebuilt in Early English style in 1930 by architect Northwood and Chivers, and is today one of the most familiar landmarks in Winnipeg, Canada.
Historic Photos of Assiniboine Park Pavilion
A collection of historic pictures of Assiniboine Park Pavilion can be viewed at University of Manitoba Architecture/Fine Arts Library.
Map & Driving Direction
Exact location of Assiniboine Park Pavilion is indicated by Green Arrow on the following map.
View Larger Map