The annual Edmonton fireworks display occurs at Alberta Legislature Grounds on Canada Day, as opposed to at Churchill Square on New Year’s Eve. Depending on where you live, the Canada Day fireworks may happen on June 30 midnight or July 1 evening. In Edmonton, Canada Day fireworks takes place at 11pm, July 1.
Canada Day Fireworks Information
What time does the fireworks start: 11pm, July 1
Location: Edmonton’s river valley parks and the North Saskatchewan River
Good viewing point locations:
- Alberta Legislature Grounds
- Victoria Park (River Valley Road)
- Ezio Faraone Park (west entrance to High Level Bridge on 109 St. north)
- Dantzer’s Hill (below Queen Elizabeth Park)
- Government House Park (Groat Road & River Valley Road)
***Note: No viewing is available from Kinsmen Park.
Map & Location
Where to park your car?
1. downtown streets anywhere
2. park your car nearby Grandin LRT Station, and then go through underground Pedway to Legislature Building!
3. free parking at Legislature grounds; see this map.