This small town of 300 residents in Yoho National Park is ridiculously amazing with many beautiful views and interesting history. Visitor Information Centre for Yoho National Park is located at the entrance of this town.
There are several points of attractions nearby, including:
- Emerald Lake – largest lake in Yoho National Park
- Emerald Lake Lodge
- Cathedral Mountain Lodge
- Natural Bridge – Kicking Horse River carving a natural bridge through solid rock
- Spiral Tunnels – railway tunnels bored through Mount Ogden (lower Spiral Tunnel) and Cathedral Mountain (upper Spiral Tunnel)
- Wapta Falls – third largest waterfall (by volume of water) in Canada
- Wapta Lake – glacial lake on east side of Yoho National Park
- Sherbrooke Creek Waterfalls
- Takakkaw Falls — second highest waterfall in Canada (open late June to Oct 1)
- Burgess shale — fossil beds (limited access)
- Lake O’Hara (limited access)
- … etc.