When and Where is Canada Day Fireworks?
In Valleyview, Alberta, the Canada Day Fireworks take place at the Trout Pond at 11:30pm, July 1st. Why so late?! In northern Alberta, the sun doesn’t go down till past midnight. As seen in the photo, the sky is still bright to some extent. Nevertheless, the fireworks event lasts about 15-20min, so it’s not that bad to stay late if Canada Day falls on the weekend (Friday, Saturday or Sunday).
Year 2017 marks Canada’s 150th birthday and also the 60th anniversary for the Town of Valleyview. Ten years ago, I took photos of Canada Day fireworks at this exact spot. Ten years later today, it still looks gorgeous.
Canada Day Celebrations are held at the Polar Palace grounds on July 1. Events and schedules vary slightly each year, such as the followings:
- Pancake Breakfast Hosted by the ELKS
- Canada Day Parade starting at curling rink parking lot
- Childrens & Family Activity (Bouncy castles, Face painting, Petting Zoo, etc.)
- Various food vendors
- Races, hockey, volleyball, contests, etc.
- Canada Day Cake Cutting at Polar Palace
- Canada Day Fireworks at the Pond